搜索
查看: 889|回复: 0
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[中国寻根之旅] discount oakley sunglasses

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2015-5-26 04:47:39 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
Before our recent trip back to MI, we obtained a Garmin Nuvi 260W because we had been likely to be driving through the state or more the west coast, in areas we weren't totally informed about, but also in some we had arrived. Within the areas we were acquainted with, we left the GPS on for shits and giggles, as one does, along with the Garmin was directing us down dirt roads and snowmobile tracks, and routes that were neither the best, shortest, or sole method to get at our destination.

So, how possibly does the GPS determine which approach to goes? Occasionally we'd switch on with a major road (seriously, a 4 lane road that is there for years) that wasn't even "listed" about the GPS screen until we turned in it and yes it recalculated. Clearly, the road influences database or whatever, mainly because it think it is in the event it recalculated, also it was a road it acquired us around the day before for another thing!

So, can it calculate the fastest, shortest, something elsest? I've read the online manual, there does not seem to be a means to pick one of these options, since there what food was in the previous times of MapQuest directions. Shall we be held missing something completely?

When it's telling us to consider a seasonal snowmobile trail rather than US 31, I seriously take issue. What i'm saying is, we obtain there, but seriously. it discovered it when it recalculated .

The road may be there for many years, but has got the entrance/exit changed in location or setup or anything? I have had that foul the GPS in a few constantly changing cities (Houston, I'm considering you).

The snowmobile trail suggestion can be a brand new one on me. My GPS can be a Garmin nuvi. Overall, I am really pleased with the GPS and find I will usually trust it only also leave my brain on.

posted by whatzit at 2:31 AM on October 17, 2010

In calculating a route for you personally, the GPS must evaluate a lot of different routes. It won't attempt to evaluate each and every possible route between two points, and definitely will come up with a "guess" from which routes are most promising, and consider the "cost" of every leg from the route, the "cost" here being time or distance. It cannot calculate every single possibility, because that takes replica oakleys sunglasses along with here we're talking "the sun can have extinguished before completion of calculation" sort of time.

Two anxiety disorders to calculating these types of troubles are Dijkstra's algorithm and successor the Research online algorithm.

The GPS unit's guess will therefore get slightly "off" when compared with what sort of human with local knowledge will route.

posted by Harald74 at 3:29 AM on October 17, 2010

Further to sharkfu's contribution, it will could be seen as it turned out in off-road (pedestrian) mode which apparently turns off it's lock to normalcy automotive roads, accommodate an even more direct shorter distance for the people not restricted by the place where a street vehicle will go.

posted by hungrysquirrels at 10:46 AM on October 17, 2010

Snowmobile tracks have become narrow almost one lane dirt roads that are not cared for in any respect what so ever (a minimum of where my parents live). So if you have off roaders or dirt bikes, otherwise you know, snowmobiles when there's 6' of snow on a lawn, they're great. Not so much for people with hoity rental cars that can't handle getting over a downed tree.

The street has been there for years, but has the entrance/exit changed in location or setup or anything?.

nope. no entrance or exit to speak of where i was, just a turn.

posted by misanthropicsarah at 11:35 AM on October 17, 2010

Had a much the same experience in Slovenia using a Garmin GPS (cheap oakley sunglasses it had not been mine so I can't can remember the exact make/model) that took us with a fire trail over the mountain from the dead of night. a hearth trail that has been blocked numerous times by fallen logs that people needed to move out and clear. At night. cheap oakley sunglasses In the nation i was tod had the highest number of wild wolves and bears.

Imagine my squeal when a rabbit jumped out of the darkness.

posted by Admira at 2:44 PM on October 17, 2010

i assume my conclusion should be which a) i must see the manual somewhat better (thanks for the link sharkfu) and b) the gps is fucking beside me just as the rest of the world is, and yes it was somehow hoping i'd personally die on a forlorn snowmobile trail, so months from now a foraging bear could feast on my rotting flesh.

(harald74's answer was the kind of thing i became looking for, so thanks for that!).

posted by misanthropicsarah at 3:22 PM on October 17, 2010

A very similar expertise in Slovenia having a Garmin GPS (it had not been mine therefore i can't can remember the exact make/model) that took us over a fire trail over the mountain within the dead of night

Ahem. I cannot emphasize this enough. A GPS is a tool that your prudent person uses to assist them on how planning. A GPS doesn't "take" someone anywhere. Anybody who blindly follows a route suggested by the GPS is unable to utilize best tool that they can supply in their mind, their brain. Never blindly follow a proposed route which takes up a mountain fire trail in the evening in the area infested with fallen logs, Werewolves and Grizzly Bears and Vampires.

I travel a whole lot on business, and often head through mountain passes in winter. My approach is multi pronged. The very first thing I actually do before describing is utilize Google maps to suggest possible routes. Next, i examine the proposed routes , and focus and from the target method to see exactly what sort of roads and conditions I am likely to encounter. I additionally look to should there be other feasible that may have been discounted or ignored for whatever reason. When i search the appropriate travel advisory sites, and consider road conditions, any road cams, posted closures, construction and weather reports. discount oakleys Then i print out any tricky areas I would want to reference in the process and fasten these maps to clipboard I carry which Velcros for the dash.

Having devised an idea, When i inform someone of my intended route and schedule, and inform them discount oakley sunglasses that I will advise them once I attain the destination. In many instances this my boss and/or my girlfriend. Then i load my winter driving kit in to the Jeep, add some cooler with food and water and en sure the batteries during my work as well as mobile phones are fully charged, and programmed with any telephone numbers I would need as you go along. Also i verify that we have my in car chargers for the children.

fake oakleys fake oakleys replica oakleys  

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册 |

本版积分规则

联系我们|侨网简介|关于我们|侨网历史|广告服务|手机版|小黑屋|Archiver|法国侨网  

GMT+1, 2024-5-29 21:07 , Processed in 0.014950 second(s), 17 queries .

Franceqw.com     侨网法律顾问:孙涛律师

网站技术支持:高讯科技

CopyRight © 2008-2013 法国侨网. All Rights Reserved

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表